cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Evilla
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Issues with Gaming FPS

HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-W033DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The issue I am having is simply that my video card just seems to shut down even when I am playing videogames. I turn my laptop on, boot up a game and it is going great and im hitting 200 fps on high - ultra graphics and all of a sudden it drops and stays stagnant on 30 fps and will drop to 15 in high populated areas. Now I dont play games that have high intensity graphics like crisis or even GTA V. i play games with the low graphics like diablo 3, League of Legends and World of Warcraft. 

Even if I drop all the graphics down to the bare minimum, it will still show 30 fps max. So this tells me that my GTX is not running. The only way i can fix it is if i Log out of the games and log back in, and even sometimes that doesnt even work. I dont know what to do I have been really annoyed with this ever since I purchased it because in the ads it says nothing about an integrated graphics and a seperate videocard. it only advertises the gtx.

I feel that a lot of people are being lied to when they do purchase this laptop because they are expecting something that is amazing. And even though it is, all of 30 minutes, it still shuts down on you like an agry child not wanting to eat or sleep because you didnt buy him the toy he wanted. 

I need help with this issue. Can this be resolve.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
am1re
Level 3
34 24 0 10
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Look through 4 page of this topic: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/HP-Omen-laptop-Model-17-w033dx/td-p/5683302/page/4

Problem is in adapter that you got with your laptop. If you have 120w adapter, i recommend to replace it with 150w adapter. Hp doing it for free as it is their mistake.

Reason of throttling is that gtx965m video card requires 150w power, but hp puted 120w adapter, despite the fact that it is written in the manual.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation