cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Customer101
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Keyboard and Touchpad Conflict While Gaming

HP Recommended

I recently purchased a HP Notebook in December of 2016. I occasionally like to game on my devices so I recently added a game (Minecraft) to my HP Notebook. Everything works fine when I play it except for the conflict between my keyboard and touchpad. While playing the game I cannot use the keyboard and touchpad at the same time. It is essential to be able to use the keyboard and touchpad at the same time to be able to move and look around while playing the game. I went to mouse and touchpad settings, I went to additional mouse options, I went to device settings and under SmartSense I switched it to the off position. After that didn’t work I changed the ‘tapping and pointing time after keystroke’ to minimum (or off which ever one), it allowed me to use the keyboard and the touchpad for only a second. So I went under touchpad and went to the ‘To help prevent the courser from accidentally moving while you type, change the delay before clicks work’ option to change it to ‘No delay (always on)’ to see if that does anything. Now I have ‘No delay (always on)’, I have the ‘tapping and pointing time after keystroke’ to minimum and I have SmartSense off completely. I did everything HP’s guide said to do it didn’t work so I changed some settings myself it didn’t work. What do I do now? Please help, thank you.

I can't use the keyboard and the touchpad at the sametime when I am using the computer normaly, so its not the game. The keyboard and the touchpad works perfectly, I just can't use them at the sametime.

My PC model number is (at least I think it is): 15-ay009dx

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello@Customer101,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

Keyboard and touchpad issues while playing games. Did I get it, right?

Before providing any solution, please let me know if the keyboard and Touchpad works fine while using the PC normally.

If yes, then I believe it could be the controller settings in the game that might be causing it.

Have the game reinstalled and check if that solves the issue.

Also, please provide the exact model number of the PC for better solution.

Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Customer101
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't use the keyboard and the touchpad at the sametime when I am using the computer normaly, so its not the game. The keyboard and the touchpad works perfectly, I just can't use them at the sametime.

My PC model number is (at least I think it is): 15-ay009dx

0 Kudos
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey@Customer101,

Thanks for the response.

I recommend you to restore the PC back to factory settings by performing the recovery on the PC.

Use the link below to perform the recovery on your PC.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

Hope this helps. Please share for more assistance.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Customer101
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I fixed it!!!! I went to START and typed regedit then I clicked it. It will say 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to this computer?' I clicked yes. From there I went to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Synaptics > SynTP > TouchPadSMB2cTM3127. Under TouchPadSMB2cTM3127 I went over to PalmDetactConfig right-clicked it and clicked on the Modify option. I then changed the value to 0. Now it works!!! 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation