cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
windsocktier
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Laptop bluescreens

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion - 15-ak010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I've already contacted support about this issue and have made steps with HP Support's guideance in order to fix the issue. However, even after receiving a restore disk from HP and reformatting my hard-drive, it continues to bluescreen. (Error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

Now, after receiving the restore disk, I followed the instructions and chose the setting to restore my laptop to factory settings. I attempted this twice, in fact, and suceeded in reformatting the hard-drive (as previously stated). But, the moment I hit continue and it takes maybe two three minutes of installing files, it bluescreens without fail. I've run all the diagnostics repeatedly throughout the entire ordeal (first even before contacting HP initially, then again while on the phone with HP, and again just now after my laptop failed to restore) and it passes-- both memory and hard-drive diagnostic tests.

That all said, I can't think what might be the issue at this point beyond a faulty hard-drive. Please advise.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @windsocktier,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. After reading your post I see that you have BSOD errors on the machine and want assistance regarding that. It will be a delight to assist you here.

A superb job was done by doing such exhaustive copious troubleshooting. I am truly amazed by your superlative troubleshooting skills. Kudos to you on that score. It is always a privilege to work with technically competent minds. I see that you've run the hard drive and memory diagnostics as well as tried performing system recovery using the recovery media ordered from HP. The blue screen error message persists and is intermittent.

To diagnose the issue correctly, to being hardware or software related we need to run complete diagnostics on the computer. Please perform a hard reset. Steps to do it:

• Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
  • Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  • Replace the battery and reconnect the charger.

Let's try to initiate system recovery once again but make sure that all other devices are disconnected. Here is the link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service options. 

Link to contact HP: Click here

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution. If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I hope you have a good day, Ahead

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation