cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mahfuz_Sakib
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Laptop temparature issue while gaming

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15-AUO61TX

My HP Pavilion 15-AU061TX Core i5 Laptop becomes very hot during playing some recent high configuration games like gta v, fifa 16 etc.  It goes upto 75-80 degree celcius after playing only for some minutes. Is it safe to play such games in this laptop? & what is the maximum safe temparature for this laptop to run at? Plz help

3 REPLIES 3
sidteche
Level 1
12 3 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear User,

I have a HP Pavilion 15 AU116tx laptop. while gaming my laptop's Cpu temperature is around 75º Celcius and GPU is Around 68º Celcius. its common in laptop to reach around this kind of temperature. How ever our CPU and GPU have Thermal limit of 100º Celcius. However if you want to keep your laptop please use a Good Quality Notebook Cooler

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Mahfuz_Sakib
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have installed an app named CoreTemp from internet to know about the current temparature.Can I trust its readings as correct? if not, then is there any other way?

sidteche
Level 1
12 3 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear User,

Core temp is a reliable software. However it doesn't show temperature reading for gpu. I use MSI Afterburner(With Riva Tuner) to monitor temperature of both CPU and GPU.

I recommend you to also get that tool.

https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation