cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wpa108 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Loud Fan Noise only when playing games.

OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 17-w033
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just purchased my OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 17-w033 from Best Buy.  One of the reasons I bought it was the reviews I read about the low fan noise.  Well every single game I have tried the FAN Starts spinning loudly. I have changed the CoolSense settings with no change.  Regular use of the laptop and it is as quiet as a mouse.  Therefore is it the GPU that is installed or something else?  Thanks in advance for any and all help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
16094 16038 1490 3565
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Loud Fan Noise only when playing games.

wpa108

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

This is to be expected -- as when you are gaming, that is demanding a LOT more power, both from the processor and the graphics chipset.  Together, these generate a lot more heat, and the fan then has to speed up to remove that heat.

CoolSense is going to have no effect when you're gaming.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation