Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15-ax210ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! So I recently bought an HP Omen ax210ns.

The issue I'm experiencing is low FPS in games such in Overwatch.

I installed windows 7 when it came, and was very dissapointed to see that kaby lake wasn't compatible. Anyhow, I forced the beta drivers in win7 and Overwatch runned smoothly, but sadly models were not displaying. 

So I installed windows 10, all the drivers installed automatically. Cool and smooth. Nvidia recommended ultra settings, but those runned at 20-30 fps (which I find suspicious for an i5 with 1050gtx.)

Anyhow, I tried medium-high settings, and tho it does display 70 fps, it stills runs very, very bad. Moving the camera in-game is a pain, as it moves by chunks.  Also, even tho it says 70fps, it does feel like still playing with 20, and it has random constant mini-freezes.

Then, I tried installing manual drivers provided in the official page, but the same occured. 

Thoughts? Thankfully I can still return it if there's no solution...

Of course, PC is connected to electricity, with game mode (tried on and off), and high perfomance battery mode.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @Lordizz – Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I see that you are getting a low FPS while playing the games. Ideally, 70 FPS is good to play games. But, I would suggest the following steps to try and fix the issue.

Solution 1:

Update the NVidia graphic drivers – Click on http://www.nvidia.com/download/scan.aspx?lang=en-us

Wait for 1-2 minutes. This will scan for the latest graphic drivers including the components that are necessary. You can download and update the drivers from the same link. Once done, restart your computer and check.

Solution 2:

Try going into NVIDIA CP > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings > Power Management > Prefer Max Performance. Then Apply, and then try running your game.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Hello, yeah, I did those all as I mentioned before.

I tried with automatic win10 drivers, then with the latest from Nvidia, then I also installed EVERYTHING manually from hp website (including Intel graphics), except for the Nvidia. Then I installed the Nvidia again from the hospital website, replacing the latest from Nvidia.

None of those worked.

Yes, it displays 70 fps however it does not behave like 70 fps. Chuncky movement, and models tend to take a lot of time to load. Also it has mini freezes. Literally, screen freezes, then returns at 20 fps. Raises to 70 when there's no action, then as soon as there are a lot of stuff happening it happens again.

HP Recommended

Hello, @Lordizz

Appreciate your efforts 🙂

Is the issue specific to while playing the "Overwatch"? 

I would like you to try and play few other high-end games and check if you can recreate the issue. If the issue is specific to Overwatch, then try the steps listed here: http://bit.ly/2pxHG5S 

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

Happy gaming 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.