cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Auduno
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Massive FPS drop and high GPU temperatures

Hp Omen 15-1500no
Windows 8.1

Hello!

I just got my new laptop for gaming, a HP Omen 15-5000no.

I have som seriously problems with lag in games, where after a minute or two ingame I get huge drops in framerate. This happens in any game, new or old, at any graphic settings, low or high.

Soon after start of paying the GPU rises drastically in temperatures upwards to 90 degrees celsius and the random fps-drops start to happen. 

This only happens when the AC adapter is plugged in and not when the computer runs on battery only.

Exmpl: In battlefield 4 the game mainly runs smoothly at about 50-60 fps, but after  couple of minutes ingame i start to get the fps-drops down to 1-3 fps, which makes the game unplayable for a few seconds.

The air that flows out of the vents on the back of the computers doesn't feel warm at all, neither does the left- and right underside of the computer, but the middle part of the underside gets really hot.

I have updated the BIOS, CPU and GPU to the latest drivers without any changes in performance.

I also came across a subject that there was callbacks of a specific AC adapter included with this computer earlier in 2014, but I have checked that my AC-adapter is not of the ones that is official called back by HP.

I have also read about a few others with similar problems, with the same model (15-5000no)

Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 956 2,198
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Massive FPS drop and high GPU temperatures

Hi @Auduno ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP OMEN Notebook - 15t-5000 and issues with lagging or speeds while playing a game.  Here is a link to resolving video and graphics issues.

If this does not help call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link to get the support number for your region. They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation