cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DaniW
Retired
Retired
780 512 30 379
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

New Featured Thread Suggestion box board

HP Recommended

Greetings

The purpose of this board is to gather inputs on a regular basis from our super users ambassadors and moderators on threads that you believe we should feature in our HP consumer support web site.

Criteria are that the threads should be

1. marked as an accepted solution
  2. be relevant to a particular category (Printing, Notebooks, or Desktops)
  3. as current as possible

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Garen will be managing this monthly and will include any all suggestions from this board

Finally to see an example of this go any product home page for printers,    desktops or notebooks and see the Featured forum discussions for HP products area in the lower right hand side. There will be 3 featured threads per category at any time.

Thanks in advance!

I worked for HP.
3 REPLIES 3
Ciara_B
Level 11
8,714 7,779 283 653
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all, do you think we should feature how to get region resets done? Seems to be a few posts out there at the minute on this topic. Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
ThatGarenGuy
Retired
Retired
609 340 32 800
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I brought this up last week as well. The policy is to help customers with this, but as I understand it needs to be done over the phone.

I can ask again for more information and if possible see if we could post the information so that more people know the answer.

I worked for HP.
0 Kudos
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,310 26,665 2,425 8,965
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The region resets do need to be done over the phone, with the user having access to his computer and printer.  They will also need a set of cartridges for the new region.

It might be useful to have some explanation of the regionalization philosophy (in a read only thread, not likely to be popular...), a discussion of the conditions under which HP will change the region and how to request a regionalization reset.  The main message here would be perserverance, as only a limited number of agents are able to perform the region reset and many do not know the process even exists.

Information on the limitations of the process (a limit on the number of resets, requirements for a MAC or Windows PC with the HP drivers installed) could be useful.

It may be difficult to find a knowledgable insider at HP who would be authorized to speak on this issue.  I can imagine lengthy reviews by marketing and legal, my least favorite combination of meetings of my days at HP....

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation