cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bottyz
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

No Audio Through Headphones

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-5000NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I'm a little frustrated with my new HP Omen. Having bought it just under a month ago, everything has been fine. Tonight I have decided to use headphones with the laptop for the first time to listen to music whilst I work. After plugging in my headphones the beats audio notification popped up saying I've plugged them in but I have no audio through the headphones at all. Unplug them and sound works through the normal speakers again. So thinking it might be my headphones I've tried a second pair, same result. Both pairs of headphones I've tested on my tablet and smartphone and both definitely work. I've also just tried plugging in my Bose 2.1 pc speakers and have the same result, no audio through the one and only jack.

Looking at the audio devices I can see the headphones being recognised as connected and the little green audio bar flickering up and down as if its sending the audio, but no sound. All volume levels I've checked are not muted and turned up. I have checked online using the HP support assistant and my realtek hd audio drivers are the latest available too.

Any ideas? As I really don't want to send the laptop back for HP to wipe it as warned in their warranty information. I've only just got the laptop to a respectible state with all my software.

If anyone can offer advice or know of a reason it would happen, please please let me know.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PreshT
1 1 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my brand new HP ProBook 440 G2. It started happening around the same time as you- headphones were working fine until about Friday. The speakers work just fine, but headphones don't have any sound although the computer detects them. It doesn't work with online video streaming or playing files from my computer.

I can get the sound working in two ways: by refreshing a YouTube or streaming video, or by pausing playback, unplugging the headphones, waiting until the "you have unplugged a device" notification goes away, and plugging the headphones back in. Then, if I leave my video paused for too long, they stop working again and I have to do the whole thing over again.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers, but nothing happened.

I'm using Windows 10.

JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does it help if you disable "Multi-Streaming" option in Beats audio control panel?

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
0 Kudos
bottyz
Author
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi JJLuvzU,

I've tried doing that exact thing when posting my original message and to no avail. I'm going to get in touch with HP support the next time I get chance (as I haven't done so yet). I'm thinking its a return to HP fix, especially considering none of their reps browsing the forums have posted with a reply.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll update everyone if I get a resolution.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation