cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Patrick_Madigan
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

No Battery detected

HP Recommended
HP OMEN Notebook PC 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I dont know how it happened but my laptop won't charge anymore and says " No battery detected" over the battery charge illustration on the bottom right of the screen. The laptop will only work when its plugged in.

I havent used it in a couple days and i believe last time i used it, it wasnt plugged in and the battery died and i was finished working with it so i just put it away. when i came back to use it yesterday it wouldnt charge. i have tried to research a way to sort this issue but couldnt find anything. there were some info on other laptops that this issue has happend to but they didnt seem applicable to my laptop.

I tried pressing f2 as the laptop turned on and follow the steps advised someone else but my options were slightly different, "i checked battery and it said no battery installed"

I cannot access the battery as it is installed inside the case of my laptop.

The battery has been perfect up to this point so cant understand how this has happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards 

Patrick

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello@Patrick_Madigan,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in fixing the issue with the battery on your PC. I will definitely help you.

I was able to find a suitable solution for the issue you have mentioned in your original post. I request you to follow the steps form the link below and check if that solves the issue.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01702473

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Patrick_Madigan
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have looked at the 4 options given and have some queries.

1 is to remove the battery. -I cannot do that as it is inside the laptop case.

2.Reset the BIOS- I attempted to do this, however it says that it will factory reset my laptop which I would like to avoid if at all possible as I have alot of programs and files etc. that would take allot of time to reinstall and bring back to the way that it is now.

3. Update BIOS- I honestly don’t understand what they are but from the brief investigation I did to find out what BIOS are, it said not to mess around with them unless you know what you are doing.

Thank you for the reply that you gave but I’m wondering if there is a method that might avoid a factory reset.

The laptop is working perfectly as long as it is plugged in.

When I hibernate it and unplug it and then replug it in and turn the laptop on again it is as if i shut it down. So there must be zero connection to the battery what so ever.

0 Kudos
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Patrick_Madigan,

Thanks for the response.

I recommend you to contact Phone support using the link below as the Fan doesn’t seem to be working as doing any other steps will not fetch any results.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation