cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Derickmc84
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No software for HP Omen controls after installing Windows 10

HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did a clean install of Windows 10 on my HP Omen 15-5100nf and now I cannot change the colors of my keyboard backlights or assign macros to the shortcut keys.

There doesn't seem to be any software for this on HP's website. I called support, some guy who could barely speak english told me that Windows has to design the software, not HP, which makes no sense to me. 

I am aware of the HP System Event Utility work around, However that only works if the HP Omen control software is install, which it is not because I did a Clean Install, which wiped everything and installed windows 10. I didn't just upgrade over windows 8. 

Anybody have this issue and been able to find the HP Omen control software anywhere?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,712 44,489 7,172 12,717
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 on my Omen and had to reinstall Omen Control using compatibility settings and all was fine. 

All my old drivers and utilities were in the Windows.old under C:\swsetup. 

You apparently also need the System Event Utility which should be provided by HP Update:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-OMEN-15-5000-Notebook-PC/7281265/model/7523584#Z7...

If all else fails we can figure a way for me to get a copy of the SP for the Omen Controls to you off my Omen. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation