cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bruce_Manford
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

No user guide for HP OMEN 870-175na

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 870-175na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would love to find a user guide for this PC.  There is nothing that I can find on the HP support pages for this product.  Can anyone point me to the right site, or even to another HP OMEN 870 model's guide which be may all that I need?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bruce_Manford

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you need information about the user guide for HP OMEN 870-175na,

The reason there are limited user guides is because HP has decided to go green and become ECO-friendly,

What that means is everything is now online at the click of a button or at your finger tips,
Click here for the user manual, service guides, drivers and more.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Bruce_Manford
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

May I suggest, however, that you try following your own link and identifying the user guide for this model.  There isn't one that I can find.  If you do find it please copy and post the link to the user guide here.

It was precisely this link that I was referring to in my original post as failing to provide what I am looking for.

I also am green.  I do not want to print the guide, just read it and store a copy on my PC in PDF.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bruce_Manford
Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The link I had shared earlier contains the User guide, please be advised that the user manual has been split into 5 parts, 

As mentioned below & shown in the attached picture:

Hard Drive Replacement Instructions

Optical Drive Replacement Instructions

Part Replacement Instructions

Memory Module Replacement Instructions

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Bruce_Manford
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I think you and I are using "user guide" differently.  I want to know how to use something.  HP are telling me how to replace parts or upgrade and service this PC.  The only possible conclusion is that HP do not have a user guide as such.  Not very helpful to put it mildly.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bruce_Manford

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I understand your concern and hence, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Bruce_Manford
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have now been contacted by HP customer support.  Since this came as an e-mail which I am unable to reply to I think it only right to share what I have been told in this forum.  This is what I was told:

"Dear Bruce,

Thank you for contacting HP Customer Support.

I have attached to this email a file on how to use windows 10.

If you require any further help on "how to"  issues please contact our Sales Department at 0207 660 3115 and purchase a subscription with our SmartFriend services.

I am certain our SmartFriend services will be able to help you on all "how to " issues.

Regards,

HP Customer Support"

I find this unacceptable.

It would have been much more useful if the HP support operative (unidentified) had paid attention to the question I have been asking from the beginning:

Does HP provide a user guide for the PC it has sold me, an HP OMEN 870-185na?  If it does, either please send me a copy or point me to the web site where I can download it.

The answer seems to be no, HP cannot be bothered to help buyers in this way to use this product which HP sells to its customers.

I do not expect to have to pay to learn how to use my PC.  I believe that I should be provided, free of charge, with a user guide (I have paid a small fortune for this PC).  Such  guides come as standard with all other goods which are this sophisticated, and as HP itself does with most of its other products (and I prefer such guides to be in PDF, not on paper).  I really do not think it is too much to ask.

For example, as my PC comes stuffed with HP software which I have no clue about, how am I supposed to use all this if I am not told what it is and how to do so?  A seemingly minor issue:  how am I meant to open my DVD drive?  I will at some point have the time to hunt around for the answers to this sort of thing, and will no doubt work out it all out for myself in the end after massive effort, but to say that the HP support to date is poor is a huge understatement.

Nor do I need to be sent the same guide on how to use Windows 10 that is available online.  That is not what I asked for, useful as it may be.

I do not have the time to waste chasing HP for something this simple.  Based on this experience, God help me if ever I experience any issue which is even slightly difficult to deal and I need to ask HP for its help!  If this is the sort of after sales support I can expect from HP I will not be a returning customer.

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,076
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Bruce_Manford,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Regards

Chetan

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Bruce_Manford
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have today finally been contacted by HP support.

We live in an age where people either do not read messages properly, or do not think about what they mean, or I would by now have had contact with someone at HP who could give me a straightforward answer to my simple question:  is there a manual for this HP product that I can download?

I am not at all surprised to see that I have been pointed, yet again, to the online resources (a) I had already found for myself and (b) I had been directed to before.

Conclusion:  HP do not provide a user manual for this PC that can be accessed and downloaded online.

At this point I officially give up, and I will manage for myself without "support" from HP.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation