cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jngu
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Nvidia Gtx 745 Oem, Really Need New Graphics Card

HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 810-445qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, i have a Envy Phoenix 810-445qe and a nvidia gtx 745 card, 16 gb of ddr3 ram, 500 watt power supply,  which newer card can i get from nvidia? should i get a ssd, which one? can i get the pcie nvme m2? can i upgrade ram too, which one?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,528
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jngu

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Envy Phoenix 810-445qe desktop PC and you would like to know what are the upgrade options available for the graphics card, the SSD and the memory. I'd like to assist you with this case.

I did some research and found that you HP PC is customized. I would like to first check the exact motherboard that is installed in the PC. for this I need to know the serial and product no. of your PC. Please do not mention the serial and product no. in the public post. 

I have sent you a private message, please reply to my private message with the details. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

I will wait for your response. Cheers! 🙂

jngu
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks MKazi :HeartEyes:

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,732 6,716 634 1,514
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

You have UEFI Bios. So you can use Nvidia up to 1000 series provided the graphics card will fit in tower.

Also have to look at graphics's card power requirements as you have a 500 watt power supply. You will also need possible 6 pin plus 8 pin connection to graphics card.

Don't see an M.2 connection on the motherboard. So you would have to use a 6 GB tranfer rate SATA SSD.

Maximum memory on this board is 32 GB. Best memory for HP PC is Crucial

jngu
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you so much Grzwacz, really helps me alot

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation