cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Uri_Stamonov
Level 1
4 2 0 4
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

OMEN 15-ax003na - Left side fan always on

HP Recommended
OMEN 15-ax003na Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all

I have a new OMEN 15-ax003na laptop.

As far as I can tell there are two main fans in the unit - one on the right and one on the left when using the machine.

(Left GPU, Right CPU?).

There seems to be an issue with the fan control for the left-hand fan.

The right-hand fan spins up and down as one would expect, stopping completely when the cpu is at low or nominal load.

The left-hand fan spins constantly, even when Windows shows that the workload is 0 and the machine is idle.

I have updated all drivers and flashed the BIOS to F.09 Rev.A, resetting to defaults, and then ensuring "fan always on" is disabled.

I have also tried reverting to BIOS F.08 and F.05 with no success.

This is a major nuisance, and I think it is some kind of fault, as the right hand (CPU?) fan is controlled as expected.

I have seen posts about this for older laptops which mention things like the omen control panel and other drivers, but these doesn't seem to apply to this laptop.

Can anyone shed any light on this? My next steps are going to be trying out some live boot O/S images, to verifify if it's a H/W or S/W issue.

Thanks in advance

Uri

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,914
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Uri_Stamonov,

Thank you for your inquiry. I grasp that the fan on the right side acts as expected but the one on the left spins constantly even when the notebook is idle.  

You have checked that the "fan always on" is disabled. You have tried updating the bios and restoring the bios but there has been no change. You have also updated the drivers. Have you run HP Support Assistant? Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? If the issue remains, as this new, please contact HP for support. Contact HP Support  Fill out the online form and follow the prompts. With your permission, they can remotely connect to your system to help find and fix difficulties. 

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the “Thumbs Up” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation