cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tredecim
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

OMEN Laptop - OMEN Control software stopped functioning after OS upgrade.

HP Recommended
OMEN 15-5013TX laptop
Windows 8.1

Post windows OS reinstall 'OMEN control' software which controls lighting of keyboard etc gives error. and wont open.

nb: Re-installed using current HP software driver sp69880.exe.

anyone have similar issue?

omen-control.PNG

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,642 12,405
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That file is a Synaptics component file.

Reinstall the Synaptics TouchPad driver software and then reinstall the Omen Control software.

I am not an HP Employee.
tredecim
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks Erico!, the OMEN control application now opens without an error but only once then is unable to open again and is still unable to control the LEDs in any way unfortunately.

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,642 12,405
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may have to consider starting over from scratch by using the recovery manager to install the original OS and then upgrading and installing drivers and your software. 

I wish I had something better to suggest, but it sounds as if the OS has issues. Had you considered using the system file checker utility at the commad line?  At a Command Prompt(Admin) type in sfc /scannow and then press the enter key. 

sfc.jpg

For more details on the utility read the following Microsoft document.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

I am not an HP Employee.
JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After re-install new OS, please check if you have all the latest Windows Updates from Microsoft.

Perhaps there is some faulty registry keys left in the system from the initial setup......  Before installing HP OMEN Control, check and see(remove) if there is any reg keys related to HP OMEN Control from running "regedit" - \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP OMEN Control

For HP OMEN Control to function, the system should have the latest BIOS, the latest version of HP System Event Utility, and HP OMEN Control, which all can be download from HP.com

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation