cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SocialEyesUS
Level 1
4 2 0 3
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Omen 15, Windows 10, goes into an unresponsive mode

HP Recommended
Omen 5012 nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After perhaps 20-30 minutes of inactivity, the Omen essentially shuts down. In order to get it running again, a long press on the power button is required. Seems to reboot.

So it's not hibernating or sleeping... Screen is set to turn off after 15 minutes; sleep after 4 hours.

1 REPLY 1
SDF15
Retired
Retired
5,851 4,839 351 632
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @SocialEyesUS,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I came across your post about the Sleep Mode issue, and wanted to assist you!

First, try shutting off the Fast Startup option.  Please review the following resource to help you, if needed:

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Also, try downloading and running the Windows Update Troubleshooter.  You can find it here:

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter

Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the thumbs up below.

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation