cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
j_m_perry
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Omen 15 touch stopped working after Windows 10 update

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-5013dx touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a big Windows 10 x64 update yesterday (to version 1511) and now the touchscreen isn't working. The system info says "no pen or touch input is available for this display"

Tried rebooting, powering down, looked in the BIOS, nothing helped. I don't even see anything about a touchscreen in the device manager.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,643 12,405
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The same thing happened to my HP product loan Omen 15.

I used system recovery to rollback the OS to the checkpoint before the Build 1511 update.  I recommend that you do the same thing if having touchscreen input is important to you. See the following web document. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/refresh-is-part-of-reset-in-windows-10

The sad thing is that we only have two choices for update settings.  All-in or no updates.

I would like to create a custoom refresh image as a workaround.

It appears that the recimg command is gone. Will have to try DISM instead.

I am not an HP Employee.
j_m_perry
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm not ready to give up and roll back just yet. Does anybody have ideas for an actual fix?

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,643 12,405
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After the rollback I reinstalled the update. It worked. Try it.

It isn't as if we have any choice. It appears that the choice that we had to defer or even deny the acceptance of an update is gone. 

I am not an HP Employee.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation