cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
samersh72
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Omen 17 Keyboard

HP Recommended
omen 17-w000ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

4 days ago i bought Omen 17-w000ne gaming Laptop.

when i play any game, keyboard stuck from time to time, (ex: "A" button still pressed by itself even if i remove my finger and doesnt stop untill i press it twice!! ex: when i chat in online game, keyboard freeze.... untill i open task manager and end the task of the game!!!)

i found some identical issues online for omen and spectre series, but no founded solution!

so pls any known solution for this weired issue?

thx in advance. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,850
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The only option I can see that may be worth trying is to make sure you're running the latest bios version ( F.09 Rev.A ) as it mentions 'Provides improved keyboard behavior when games are played on the system.'

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76810.cva

You can check the notebooks current bios revision by holding down the fn key and pressing esc.

If you are running an earlier revision, F.09 Rev.A can be found on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76810.exe

If you're already running this bios, or it doesn't correct the issue, my best advice would be to contact HP regarding this if the machine is still under warranty - If needed, you can check your warranty status Here.

Contact HP starting Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

samersh72
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thx for the answer.
I sent it back to HP.
I bought Acer predator 17........
HP has bad support.

Thank you anyway.
0 Kudos
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,850
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're welcome.

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation