Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen 17-w102na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm thinking of buying the Omen 17-w102na but it only has 8gb of ram, I'm wondering if I'd be able to upgrade it to 16gb at some point?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi gaz

Good question.

Most newer systems support at least 16Gb of memory. Many support 32GB or 64GB.

Please see this HP Support doc showing system specs. I could not find an HP Support document on memory upgrades or motherboard specs.

Contact HP Support on this unless someone else in the forum has better information.

Grzy

HP Recommended

I replied in a different thread about this:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/max-ram-for-hp-omen-17-w294nz/td-p/6136347

I can tell you that 32GB works fine in my omen-17-w200na.  I cannot see an issue between 32GB functioning in your Skylake motherboard vs the Kaby Lake one I have as the Intel specifications allow for this.  Certainly you will have no issue with 16GB.

Although the OFFICIAL line is max 16GB, I would be VERY surprised if you could not go further.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.