cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
alfreak1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Omen (5020ca) right fan always max speed

HP Recommended
Omen 5020ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased an Omen 5020ca and I believe my fans are busted. The left fan (as seen when facing the open laptop) operates normally. It is quiet at idle, speeds up on fn+F and under load, etc. The right fan, however, is always running at maximum speed and generating a ton of noise. 

I've tried flipping the BIOS fan setting back and forth to no success. I updated Omen Control to work with Win10 but changing the settings there have no effect on the right fan (left fan acts as expected). 

Is there any fix or do I have a defective fan controller?

Repro steps:

1. Open laptop

2. Press power button

3. Go deaf in the right ear from fan noise.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @alfreak1,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Omen 15-5020ca Notebook and the fans always on maximum speed. I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. This will load the defaults of the fans.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation