Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 12 (325 Views)

Omen Control does not control anything

Product Name: HP Omen
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When ever I wake up my computer, I am unable to control any of the F Keys (to control volume, screen brightness etc) The only way that it works is if I hold the "fn" key and then I am able to adjust what I want. Nothing in the app controls anything until I uninstall, and reinstall the Omen Control app, and that's a pain to do every time I start my computer. If anyone knows how to fix this permanently I would really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 12 (292 Views)

Re: Omen Control does not control anything

[ Edited ]

Hello @ChaytonW,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post about the Omen Control software, and wanted to assist you!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? 

In the meantime, you can try installing the latest driver for the HP System Event Utility.  You can find it here: sp73248.exe

If that does not help, then try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP Notebook PCs - Disable The Fn + Function Key Combination on Certain Models

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 12 (280 Views)

I have the latest driver installed. My product number is: J9K24UA#ABA

Retired
Message 4 of 12 (266 Views)

Hello @ChaytonW,

Thank you for the quick reply!

What were the results of the document provided in my previous post?

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Top Student
Message 5 of 12 (258 Views)

I was unable to get that window to apear to adjust those settings, so I had no luck with it.

Retired
Message 6 of 12 (255 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello @ChaytonW,

Are you referring to the System Configuration menu in the BIOS?  Do you have the latest BIOS version installed?  You can get drivers for your product here: 

HP OMEN Notebook - 15-5113dx (ENERGY STAR)

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
Message 7 of 12 (244 Views)

Yes, I tried turning on my PC and hitting the f10 button and it just booted up like normal. I did not see the system configuration menu.

I do have the latest BIOS installed.

Retired
Message 8 of 12 (219 Views)

Hello @ChaytonW,

Thank you for the quick reply!

The BIOS settings menu is accessible by pressing the F2 or F6 key on some computers.  Try that, and let me know if you can get to the configurations menu.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
Message 9 of 12 (214 Views)

Pushing those keys don't do anything...

Question, even if I got to that menu how would that help the problem with Omen Control not controlling everything else? Like the lights on the keyboard, and the animated speakers being set to "on" by default.

Retired
Message 10 of 12 (206 Views)

Hello @ChaytonW,

That you for the quick reply!

You indicated in your original post, that you were having issues with the Omen Control, because of the F +Fn key combinations.  This is the purpose of the provided document.  However, you should be able to access the BIOS on your notebook.  So if you are unable to, you may consider restoring the BIOS to its default settings.  You can use the document here, to help: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation