cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Draza47
Level 3
37 34 1 9
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Omen X Case - Radiator Support?

HP Recommended
Omen X Case

What is the expansion  capabilities on this case? I know it fits one 120/140 rad because of the stock cooler. I have a 1070 that is water cooled (aio) with a 120mm rad., will it fit with the CPU cooler in there as well?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Draza47

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I understand you want to know about the Omen X case and if the 1070 radiator can fit in with the CPU cooler,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your computer? Click here to find out: Click here

Did you check your product user guide/service manual for details? if not click here (look for your product using the model / product number)

Awaiting your response,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Dunsany
Level 4
76 75 5 12
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found a very detailed Omen X Hardware Reference Guide at the following link:

Omen User Guides

It shows installing a radiator bracket for mounting a 240 mm radiator next to the CPU cooler.

2 x HP Firebird 802 + 2 x HP 2159m monitor + Windows 7 Home Premium + Windows 8.1 Pro
GeForce Driver Version 266.58 WHQL installs correctly without modification.
GeForce Driver Version 296.10 WHQL requires modified NV_DISP.INF file to install correctly but Nvidia Control Panel is broken.
GeForce Driver Version 341.44 WHQL requires modified NV_DISP.INF file to install correctly but 2-way SLI is broken.
0 Kudos
Dunsany
Level 4
76 75 5 12
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found a photo at the following link that shows an Omen X with three 120 mm radiators side by side. One CPU cooler and two GPU coolers.

OMEN X Radeon Performance

2 x HP Firebird 802 + 2 x HP 2159m monitor + Windows 7 Home Premium + Windows 8.1 Pro
GeForce Driver Version 266.58 WHQL installs correctly without modification.
GeForce Driver Version 296.10 WHQL requires modified NV_DISP.INF file to install correctly but Nvidia Control Panel is broken.
GeForce Driver Version 341.44 WHQL requires modified NV_DISP.INF file to install correctly but 2-way SLI is broken.
0 Kudos
Draza47
Author
Level 3
37 34 1 9
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ah OK, the only thing I need to know now is if I can power the pump and the two fans
0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,076
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Draza47, thanks for the response.

According to the specifications of the PC.

You can connect one additional fan and you can power the radiators.

But the power supply might require additional power to pump the radiators which in turn can cause damage to the system board.  

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation