Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen X Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a LINKSYS SE4008 WRT 8-PORT GIGABIT ETHERNET SWITCH and I am having issues with the onboard NIC and this device.  The device is an unmanaged plug and play device.  The NIC flaps, drops connection entirely, and reverts to 100 Mbps when connected to the switch.  I first tried a different cable (pre-fab) and it didn't fix it.  I tried a 3rd cable and it didn't fix it either.  The issue seems to be the negotiation of speed/duplex with the switch.  Both auto and hard coding to 1 Gbps full duplex does not work correct.  I swapped the switch with another (of the same switch) and same issue.  Everything else plugged into the switch / ports work great. I updated the drivers to the latest and greatest, still doesn't work.  As a work around, I plugged my old switch into my new switch and it's fine now.  So... any thoughts?  Maybe it's a setting in the onboard NIC the switch doesn't like?  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, @rfischer1019 - Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel!

I understand that you are having issues with your Omen after getting new Linksys switch. I will certainly do my best to help!

Let's first try changing the ethernet card properties on your Omen. Here are the steps:

1) Go to device manager by searching "Device manager" in windows search.

2) Expand the "Network Adapters option". Right-click on your Ethernet adapter and select "Properties".

3) Go to the "Advanced" tab.

4) There are several options here. I would recommend checking the "Speed & Duplex". 

5) Try changing the values and see if that helps. 

This is a trial and error method. Hence, I would encourage you to change other options here as well. See if it helps your case.

Let me know if that helps! Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.