cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Spectrus
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Omen backlight issues

HP Recommended
(removed)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having an issue with changing the backlight colours, and re-downloading any software that would have support.  It says that "downloads for this product are not available on our website" and I can't find any other sites [that I trust] that would have them.

The fan's working fine.

I have performed the necessary bios update.

Yes, everything else is fine.

I bought this [open box] from a Best Buy today, and I'm extremely frustrated with the lack of support I've seen discussed on other threads.

Any idea on where to get the fix for this *without* me having to spend $50 on a 'help' disc that isn't going to do anything whatsoever?

1 REPLY 1
Tardis40
Retired
Retired
3,798 2,974 201 436
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Spectrus,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the backlight colors. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please click on the link to download the HP Support Assistant and run.

Here is a document on Using the HP OMEN Control software to customize the gaming keyboard on HP Omen 15 Notebook PCs.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation