Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen Notebook 15 - ax243DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The issue that I'm having is that when I change the settings in my omen control tool, it isn't saving any of the changes that I make. I've updated all my information and made sure I had the correct drivers. I'm pretty tech-stupid so I'm following guides I've found on this site to no success.

Would someone mind assisting me, please? 

I can pull the omen control tool up, select the lighting, press okay, and nothing changes. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ComputerDumbie,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to save the changes made to the Omen control tool.

This issue could occur the HP System Event Utility is not updated.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link to download and update the HP System Event Utility: HP System Event Utility

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately this did not resolve my issue. It did for the first time tell me I would need to restart my laptop for the effects to change, however on doing the restart I see no changes in the keyboard light color. In addition when I make changes now I'm no longer getting the "restart to have changes go into effect" message. Sorry that isn't verbatim as I can't get the prompt back.

I uninstalled the control tool and resinstalled as well after trying your tip as well. It's also not saving additional changes like for example, disable of the caps lock. Thank you for the assistance. 

HP Recommended

@ComputerDumbie,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

Please follow the link below to install the Omen Control utility: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70894.exe

If the issue still persists, then the feature is stopped in the new computers.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.