Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 4 (488 Views)

Omen ssd light

Product Name: OMEN
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an OMEN 1510nr.  I don't see an indicator led that illuminates when the drive is in use.  Could it be that there is none?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 4 (456 Views)

Re: Omen ssd light

Hi @Docfred,

Thank you for your inquiry.  I will do my best to assist you.

You stated you have the OMEN 1510nr, I was unable to locate that model.  Did you mean the OMEN 15-5010nr?

After  viewing a HP video on unboxing the Omen, I believe there is a small red light (dot) in the top left of the keyboard.

Unboxing a HP Omen 15 Notebook video

I believe it acts as both the power on indicator and the activity light.   When the hard drive is active, does the red dot flash?

Here is a link to the How to use the Resource Monitor in Windows 7 & Windows 8 ( from digital citizen) that may help.  Any ads on the page are not endorsed by HP.

If it turns out the red dot does not indicate HDD activity, if you do a web search there is third party software you could install.   If you search for Activity indicator for Windows 8.1, you should find several results.

Please let me know the outcome.  I would like to know for sure if the LED also acts as the activity indicator.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts, please click the Thumbs Up Icon” below.  

Sparkles1

Tutor
Message 3 of 4 (423 Views)

I have seen no evidence that the power button functions as an activity indicator for the SSD.

Retired
Message 4 of 4 (397 Views)

HI @Docfred.

Thank you for replying.

To clarify your model is the 15-5010nr and not the 1510nr correct?

As I do not have access to lab machine of that model and the information I have been unable to locate and additional information on hard drive activity indication, I suggest contacting HP support for assistance.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the outcome, as I would like to know for my  own information.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation