Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
17-w151nr (Hp Omen, gtx 1070)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My CPU constantly throttled and heats up to 98 degrees celcius after a short gaming session or benchmark. I don't know what too do... this is way too hot 2 degrees away from the tjunction. I love the laptop. But ik it won't last like this.. please help I payed 2400$
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @Jj242,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I see you are facing an issue with your computer making a lot of noise. Happy to help.

Have you checked the startup items on your computer to check which application is utilizing a lot of resources?

Kudos to you for performing a system test by booting the computer to system diagnostics mode on startup.

Recommend you to update BIOS by downloading it from www.hp.com/drivers or click here

Run HP Support Assistant to make sure the chipset driver is updated along with other drivers. Click here to know more. 

Based on the specifications of your computer, I see that the computer came with Nvidia graphics card. Recommend you to install the graphics driver from their website and check.

Disable any applications that you don't use from the startup items, refer to this article for assistance. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Did all that man. Still 98 degrees right away. I love the laptop I don't want to return it I want to give hp a chance but I need a resolution fast.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Please contact our phone support for the service options. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.