cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Balcony88
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pavilion 15 Gaming doesn't boot

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 gaming
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi evreyone. Today I used my laptop as usual and when i finished to work, turned it off. When i came home i tried too boot my pc but nothing happened. I tried the standard troubleshooting procedure on hp site but nothing happened. So i opened i pc and replaced the thermal compound, cleaned the fan and removed the BIOS lithium battery on the motherboard for 5 minutes and then i put it back in the laptop. I pressed the power button, i heard the fan, i saw the power on led but after 15 seconds the pc turned off and i wasn't able to turn it back on. Can someone help me? Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian and i'm still studying 😄
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,076
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Balcony88, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you are unable to boot into your PC.

Don't worry I'd love to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Are you able to boot into BIOS?

If you are able to boot into BIOS try performing a BIOS default on your PC and check if it helps.

To boot into BIOS turn on your PC keep tapping the F10 key you will boot into BIOS.

Go to file or the main menu from the list select restore defaults.

Select yes to save changes. Press F10 to save changes and exit.

Also, try performing a hard reset on your PC.

Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
Press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
On the Options screen, select Continue and continue to Windows 10.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.
Reconnect each of the peripheral devices.
After you have completed these steps, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot no boot issues.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, it is a hardware issue with your PC.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation