cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kiwiscrub
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Peformance drop after crash

HP Recommended
HP Omen Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I was particpating in the overwatch beta and during the weekend my HP Omen Notebook crashed. After this crash there was a sudden performance drop in all games i play. Games where i had 60+ frames i was now getting 15-25 and sudden crahses started to occur when playing and browsing the internet (only seems to happen on Google Chrome). I have reinstalled my graphic cards using the HP Recovery manager. Played with settings on the Nvidia control. Briefly perofrmance returned but then another crashed happaned when playing dark souls 3 and i have been unable to get my graphics back and the crashes on chrome returned.

I have an external fan Cooler Master SF-15 Laptop Cooler which was on at the time

I am not sure what to do now

Some assistance would be very helpful

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Juan_2LS
Level 2
Level 2
16 16 1 3
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

Sorry to hear that. Lets try.

1. Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Regards;
Smiley
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your issue.
0 Kudos
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,914
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Kiwiscrub,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member.  It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips.  The following link  will help you  to have the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More 

What is your precise model of HP Omen notebook do you have?

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that all was working well until you install a beta version of overwatch.  It has since crashed and now there has been a decrease in performance and more crashes. You use a cooling pad and you have tried reinstalling the drivers using the recovery manager, but the issue remains.

Have you tried uninstalling the beta version of overwatch? Here are some links that I think may help:

HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)

HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 8, 7)

If the issue remains, I would do a restore back to before this occurred:

HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎

Please keep me updated on your progress.

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs Up Icon”.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you! 

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation