cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Paper_Birch
Level 3
9 7 0 18
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Permanently Disabling Fan Lights on HP Omen

HP Recommended
HP Omen 5010nr
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Is there any way to permanently turn off the rear vent lights on the HP Omen?

Using the Omen Control utility and dimming all leds to 0% works only for one session. After closing the notebook lid, setting it to sleep, or a shut down, the changes are completely forgotten upon startup or wake. You have to go back into the utility, switch to another profile, then back to the profile with all lighting effects at 0% to get the vent lights to shut off.

This solution is not ideal since I can't use the keyboard backlight if I want the fan lights to stay off during a work session and the lights come on anyway upon activating the notebook in any way. It's embarassing in a library/work/coffee shop situation.

I guess this is more of a request than a question, since I've seen this asked in other forum post without an appropriate solution. Please give us the ability to control Zone 8 ( exhaust fan) lighting via OMEN Control software or make sure that it remembers global lighting choices upon bootup/wake.

Thank you for your time!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation