cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
OfficiallyPrism
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Problem with my HP Omen Keyboard

HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I currently have an HP Omen. The Omen has a backlit keyboard that has color changing keys and zones. I also recently upgraded to windows 10. But now my keyboard doesnt change color, even when I go into the HP Omen Control App and change the color. The app says that the color is changed to whatever I set it to, but my keyboard doesnt change. I did a factory reset and was able to change color when I was back in windows 8.1, but I upgraded to Windows 10 again and now it wont change. Is there something wrong with my laptop or is it along the lines of that software doesnt work anymore due to Win 10? Please help.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Everyone had this problem and there are many threads about it.

Solution? Software update time! 😄

You'll need the HP System Event Utility. You can download it here: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71716.exe

There are also many other Windows 10 spesific updates on the Omen support page. While Windows Update will get most things, it's always safe to check there too. 🙂

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
Lim2
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I downloaded omen control, system utility, BIOS and tons of others software. But my keyboard is still in red colour although I change the setting to green or white in the omen control. I am quite sure I follow all the steps to change the keyboard colour. PLease help. By the way my model is 15-ax040tx.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation