Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen 17

Does anyone play rust on their Omen?    I'm fully aware Laptop gaming is poor in general and RUST is not optimised and requires a lot of grunt.  I didn't buy the laptop for gaming but I noticed something strange and I'm having another issue this might help.

So when I 1st got my laptop I ran it side by side with my desktop  (AMD 8 4.0GHz/8 core + HD6970). The laptop benchmarked slightly better and at the time played games as good as or better.  I just did the comparison out of interest.

My gaming rig is out of service at the moment so thought I'd bob on my laptop for a quick game on Rust.  It's unplayable < 3 FPS.  Now I know it ran games as well as my old desktop did, so what's changed?  Has Rust really got that bad in the meantime?

Has anyone played Rust on their Omen and what FPS do you usually get? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tmp2K

Thanks for reaching HP Support Forums.

This is the one stop for all technical solutions. 

I understand your issue. I'll ensure that we work together and get this issue sorted out as quickly as possible.

Is the adapter connected to the PC?  I appreciate that you've attempted the steps mentioned and I'll be more than glad to help you out: 

  

Right-click your desktop background and select NVIDIA Control Panel. You can also find this tool by performing a Start menu (or Start screen) search for NVIDIA Control Panel or by right-clicking the NVIDIA icon in your system tray and selecting Open NVIDIA Control Panel. 

  

To quickly set a system-wide preference, you could use the Adjust image settings with the preview option. For example, if you have old hardware that struggles to play the games you want to play, you may want to select “Use my preference emphasizing” and move the slider all the way to “Performance.” This trades graphics quality for an increased frame rate. 

  

By default, the “Use the advanced 3D image settings” option is selected. You can select Manage 3D settings and change advanced settings for all programs on your computer or just for specific games. NVIDIA keeps a database of the optimal settings for various games, but you’re free to tweak individual settings here. Just mouse-over an option for an explanation of what it does. 

  

If you have a laptop with NVIDIA Optimus technology — that is, both NVIDIA and Intel graphics — this is the same place you can choose which applications will use the NVIDIA hardware and which will use the Intel hardware. 

  

For more assistance, please check a similar HP Forums post (Resolved): Click here    

(Though the header is different the steps will help get you a fix). 

Hope this helps.

I will be waiting for your reply. 

GeekMak
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.