cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Re: hp omen control not working

HP Recommended

I have a similar issue. My OMEN (not quite a year old) has been in for warranty service twice now. This last time, I included a note for the repair team pointing out that the "fans at maximum" option wasn't in fact turning the fans on. Since the hardware problem I was having involved fans being replaced, I wasn't sure if that specific thing was hardware or software.

Newly repaired machine, OMEN Control does ... nothing. It won't change colors, turn the fans on, or even disable the trackpad. 

Product# J7A36AV#ABA

Windows 10 Home 64-bit 

BTW Tardis40,  both of the links you provided in your response just sent me to the support home page - not the specific content I think you were aiming for.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 333
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @danaere,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums.

Tardis40 is not at office today. I would follow up your case for help.

I understand that the Omen Control does not work on your laptop.

Below is a document may help:

HP Notebook PCs - Using the HP OMEN Control software to customize the gaming keyboard on HP Omen 15 ...

Please update the HP System Event Utility: Version 1.40  Rev.A

sp73248.exe

Also update other drivers, if there is newer version on the link below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-OMEN-15-5000-Notebook-PC/7281265/model/7468071

Restart your laptop after update. Test if the Omen Control works.

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Below is a document may help:

HP Notebook PCs - Using the HP OMEN Control software to customize the gaming keyboard on HP Omen 15 ...

This provided no help at all since it talks about how the software should work and it isn't currently functioning.

Please update the HP System Event Utility: Version 1.40  Rev.A

sp73248.exe

This was already present on my system but ran again just to see if it would do anything. It did not.

Also update other drivers, if there is newer version on the link below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-OMEN-15-5000-Notebook-PC/7281265/model/7468071

Given that my machine just came back to me 2 days ago from warranty service, is it really reasonable to think that there are outdated drivers? I went to the page anyway, and the "check now" tool repeatedly errored out:

HP encountered an error while trying to scan your product.

Please verify your product is powered on and connected, then try again in a few minutes.

Mysterious how I could be on the website with the scan running if the device isn't powered on and connected but ... sure.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation