cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sound quits on Skype and will not work on Blizzard Games period

OMEN Laptop - 17t gaming

So I got my new omen and there seems to be a codec issue as the sound works fine on head while speaking on skype but quits 4 to 5 mins in while on speaker. Also it will not play sound at all on Blizzard games of any kind with or without head set. I have the new this is the info from order page OMEN Laptop - 17t gaming 2GB 960 Gfx

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,908
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sound quits on Skype and will not work on Blizzard Games period

HI@TC2164,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂   Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More  What is your exact model of Omen 17t gaming notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What operating system are you running? 

I understand that when using Skype that the sound works on the headset but on speaker after 4 or 5 minutes it quits. You also do not have sound when you try playing Blizzard games. I will assume you are running Windows 8. You have mentioned codec as a possible cause.  If you are running Windows 8 here is a link to the Windows 8 Codec Pack (from windows8codecs.com) that you can install. It is also compatible with Windows 10. Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 😎 that may also be of aid. Please let me know the outcome. 

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation