Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-w203no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, i have a 

OMEN by HP 17-w203no pc.. 

And it has a 512 GB  SSD-M2 hardrrive in it, but i woud like to add a second drive to it.

I did manage to open the pc ( Witch wass hell ) but i need som brackets to connect my harddrive, and cables.. what kind do i need, and where to find it??

Second, is there some where i can buy the base cover for my machine? mvh Smelly

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Smellysocks84

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP OMEN by HP - 17-w203no All-in-One PC and you would like to add a second drive to it. You have opened the PC and need brackets for the hard drive and cables and need assistance to find them. Not to worry, I'll certainly help you with this.

I did some research and found the maintenance and service manual for this PC. Page# 41 shows the part number of the brackets which is 862964-001 (Hard drive connector and cable) and 911227-001 (Hard drive brackets with rubber). It explains steps on how to install a hard drive. 

Secondly, the part number for the base enclosure is 862961-001 (refer to page# 36 to view it). These parts can be ordered through the HP PartSurfer website or by contacting the HP phone support

I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended
Hehe. Thank u mi friend. U know what, i managed to see the spare parts number my self in the service manual. And have order the parts yesterday. And got a mail from the store today, that they can't provide the items. So I ordered it again from another store today. Let's hope the van provide 😂
HP Recommended
Hope they can provide 😂
HP Recommended

@Smellysocks84

You're most welcome. 🙂

I too hope all goes well and you can enjoy the computing. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.