cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LesanK
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

This BIOS update is Blocked on this device

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-5012tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP Omen and I am trying to update my BIOS to fix my screen which keeps flickering. The current BIOS is F.05. The update is F.35. But the option to update is is blocked. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Geek26
Level 4
149 147 6 11
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could you expand a bit, what do you mean by update been blocked? E.g) error message etc..

Also where are you trying to download the update from the HP website on drivers page for your model or HP assistant app?

Finally your full HP product number

Many thanks,

James

0 Kudos
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,465
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS updates usually are a rollup of all earlier versions but I have seen cases where jumping from a very early BIOS to the latest fails. You might try installing a previous version/versions to see if that eases the update along.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-omen-15-5000-notebook-pc/7281265/model/7538571#Z7...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation