cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
anil_e
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Touch Screen Not Working In HP Omen

HP Recommended
HP Omen Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just bought my Hp Omen notebook 2 months ago. And all of a sudden, the touch screen has stopped responding.

When I checked the device status from "Device Manager", I can see that there is a "Unknown USB device" error (in detail: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)).

The steps that I tried for recovery are:

1) Disabled the USB drive, and re-enabled,

2) Uninstalled the driver, and then re-installed it,

3) Troubleshoot hardware and devices through Windows 10 feature,

4) Formatted the hard drive, and re-installed Windows 10 operating system.

I tried numerious things other than the ones mentioned above, but nothing has worked out. I just don't want to believe that my 2 months-old brand new HP laptop pops up this kind of "core" problems that easy, as this issue highlights some serious quality problems for the HP brand. Hope this one is just a software issue, for which you may help.

Please kindly advice on how to fix this issue.

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,925 30,832 2,818 6,794
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

anil_e

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about touch screen problems with your new PC and wanted to help.

Even though Win10 has become infamous for forcing driver updates on folk without their consent or knowlege, you should not be having problems with a PC this new.

My suggestion is for you to contact HP Customer Support to see about maintence and replacement options available to you under the warranty.  If HP can not fix it, then you should be able to insist on a replacement -- at no charge!

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If that fixes it, then you want to prevent Win10 from making any more driver updates.  To do that, follow the instructions in this thread: How to stop Windows 10 from automatically updating device drivers - windows 10 - Windows 10

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation