cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Silberado
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Touchpad issues as well

HP Recommended
OMEN Notebook - 15-5110nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am also having problems getting my touchpad working. I have followed all the instructions of the last two post. The drivers are not working the touchpad disappeared after one of the updates and possible a bluetooth mouse was installed. Atfer several attempt I finally deleted the file directory in the update path. It then errored that the mouse driver was not installed. I tried all the drivers on the site and none would work. Previously and currently if I open the mouse under settings it give me an error that it can not find the Synaptics Drives.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SDF15
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 351 632
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Silberado,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that you are having an issue with the TouchPad, and wanted to assist you!

Please review the following document, and let me know how it goes:

HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
Silberado
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

touchpad error.pngTouchpad error2.png

0 Kudos
Silberado
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have followed all the instructions and these are the errors I am getting.

0 Kudos
SDF15
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 351 632
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Silberado,

Thank you for the quick reply!

If you are having trouble installing the drivers, you can use the tool at the following site: 

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter

If you are still having trouble, then try using the Go back to an earlier build option, in your System Settings: HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10 

Once you are back to your original Operating System, try installing Windows 10 using the

Media Creation Tool.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
Silberado
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reverted back to Windows 8 but still no drivers. tried to install the Win8.1 driver same errors.

touchpad error 2a.pngtouchpad error 2.png

0 Kudos
SDF15
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 351 632
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Silberado,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Did you previously install Windows 8 on your notebook?  It seems that the notebook shipped with Windows 8.1.  This is why there are no Windows 8 drivers available for the product on the HP site.  Are you able to install Windows 8.1, or install Windows 10, using the Media Creation Tool?

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Silberado
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did mean windows 8.1 when i said 8.

I gave up on everything. I used the Windows 8.1 Reset mode and fully restored them Omne to the factory image.

Guess what? The touchpad works. This is definatly a driver issue and needs to be fixed. I hate that I wasted soo much time loading this to Windows 10, updating all the drivers just to have to bring it back to the original image.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation