cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Alan1988
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Typing on word document is very lag on my Omen 15-5004TX

HP Recommended
Omen 15-5004TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Despite being a new latpop that have the latest specifications, regular lag occur when i perform typing using word document.

Whenever i type a character, it will take 1 to 2 seconds before the alphabet appears on the monitor.

This problem is especially obvious when the WORD document is within Microsoft one's drive.

I never have such problems with my older Asus zenbook; which has much older tech specifications.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have to say this is a new one to me. (Mind you, i don't have Office on my Omen.)

However, checking Task Manager would be where I start. Right Click on the "start bar" and select Task Manager. This will show applicatinos running as well as who/what it taking up the CPU cycles. This is always a good start.

The next things are updates.

You mentioned OneDrive. Again, I don't use it but I can't imagine it's any its any different from other online storage, but I am curious to see if it is updating the cloud file live instead of periodically.

Best way to test this is to disconnect any network connecitons and edit a local file and see if the problem persists.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
Alan1988
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, i have tried all your mentioned solutions. Problem is that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The main issue here is that on my old laptop, i have no problem using the same MS Office Word 365 as well as one's drive. But i must confess that was Win 7.

And not Win 8 64bit. Wonder whether that is a common problem with the latest version of window or is it just an isolated Hardware problem with my Omen?

0 Kudos
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I use Win 8.1 on all of my machines and have only seen things like this when the system is bogged down by something in the background. (Hence my suggestion of cutting the network.)

Very strange indeed. 😞

I don't see it being the hardware of the Omen as I would suspect other applications would be acting the same.

If you call support, they should be able to remote in (with your permission) to check to see what is going on.

I am an HP Employee
-----
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
Alan1988
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cool,

@iMaxx wrote:

I use Win 8.1 on all of my machines and have only seen things like this when the system is bogged down by something in the background. (Hence my suggestion of cutting the network.)

Very strange indeed. 😞

I don't see it being the hardware of the Omen as I would suspect other applications would be acting the same.

If you call support, they should be able to remote in (with your permission) to check to see what is going on.

I am based in HK, any ideal of the right telphone nos to dial in?

0 Kudos
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, I think this is the right page:

http://www8.hp.com/hk/en/support-drivers/customer-care/customer_care_lines.html

Phone:
Hong Kong (852) 3002-8555
I am an HP Employee
-----
0 Kudos
Alan1988
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tks, i will try that first thing in the morning 8 hours later.

Truly appreciate.

0 Kudos
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My pleasure!

I am an HP Employee
-----
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation