cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AlistairM
Author
Level 2
16 15 0 3
Message 21 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Morning HP, anyone home today - you just lost one sale, clearly not something important to a huge company like you.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 716 1,914
Message 22 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI    @AlistairM 

The only step I can take for you is to escalate this again.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
AlistairM
Author
Level 2
16 15 0 3
Message 23 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sparkles.

Are you a computer generating "auto responses" or are you really a person or group working this board ?

I now have the same email and DM from you half a dozen times.

"I will escalate this" "They may ask the same stupid questions again"

It would appear that your escalation button is defective, have you called support. I am not certain that they will be able to help you of course and you may be refered to an on line website.

It does not seem to have had any effect so at this point I am going to quote the UK sale of goods act.

Satisfactory as described. I have pictures of your US web page and your UK web page. On the UK page there is no description of the WiFi capability. On the US page where you go from most on line search engines it shows an 11ac card. All other elements show identical. Seems odd does it not.

Your companies continual failure to achieve any form of response to a customer enquiry also means you have failed in your efforts to service a customer.

You have failed in your efforts to provide a reasonable and trusting relationship with the customer so I no longer feel that any problems I have with this device will be responded to in any decent form by HP. Under these conditions I am entitled to return my product and be provided with a full refund.

Do you have a button that can complete this for me please. I also expect full refund on the associated warranty I purchased to cover the item at the same time.

Whats next.

AlistairM
Author
Level 2
16 15 0 3
Message 24 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still waiting.

0 Kudos
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 25 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Alistair,

Sorry about the problems you're having getting answers.

PM me / email me your SN, et al,  and I'll go through my escalation channels to see what's going on.
If you have an excalation case number from Sparkles, that will be great too.

I'm going to see exactly what was installed into your unit and if the UK is actually different or not.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
Indyxx
1 1 0 1
Message 26 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Alistair M,

I was looking for a new laptop and was very interested in this one. After I found out that the wlan module in European versions is the b/g/n version I started doubting wether I should buy this one so I looked some things up in the maintenance manual. 

The version that you own has the wlan module specified as:

Intel Wireless 7260BN 802.11 bgn 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter

2x2 means that the adapter has two antennas, so if you would want to upgrade it to a different one, that should be possible. I would recommend the module the U.S. version has,  which is specified as:

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260(non v-Pro) 802.11 AC 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter

You should be able to find a place to buy this module if you look for Intel AC 7260 on Google.

Here's a link to the manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04490401

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Indy

iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 27 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still looking into what has happened here, but it looks like the UK models come with the N card described.

Stand by.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 28 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AlistairM,

It looks like the UK marketing folks thought bgn card was enough(better cost?) for the local market.

OMEN 15 does offer two Intel WiFi modules - AC & BGN, it is up to the regional sales team to decide how to configure their retail model.  (Just like OMEN 15 has 128/256/512 GB SSD)

My recommendation is to get a AC module and swap it on your own, or find local service center to do it to keep your warranty.  This forum will not be able to clear your sky.

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
AlistairM
Author
Level 2
16 15 0 3
Message 29 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

JJ

Thank you for your response. I do not mean this rudely as you have at least made a clear response to try and assist me.

Did you read the first question. 

I also came to the same conclusion.

I should buy a dual band 7260ac card.

My concern is if the device in UK spec also includes the antenna or if they have been really mean and removed them from the UK spec devices as well ?

I could end up going to the trouble to do it all and then find there are no antenna to hook it up to.

At that point I would combust.

Still stuck. At least I can wish this problem a happy birthday shortly.

0 Kudos
JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 30 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AlistairM

I spoke with the serivce guys at HP, there are two antennas in the system (one white & one black).  You can go ahead and order the AC wireless module for a swap without combusting, cheers.

Screenshot (4).png

Check out page 26 for detail on replacing the wireless module:  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04490401

Thanks to @Indyxx for the user guide link.

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation