cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MehranDev
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

WIFI and Touch Screen does not work after upgarde to windows 10

HP Recommended
HP OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey Guys,

I upgarded my windows 8 to 10 and after succsessful instaletion I noticed that WIFI does not work, I tired to connect External Lan Adaptar but that one also does not work. when I checked the device manager I saw eveythings are installed properly. I tired to update my WIFI adaptar driver but after install the new batch still I have the same problem.  and besid these issues I found that Touch Screen also does not work propely. it is really disapointing . So I decided to roll back to Windows 8.  the funny part is that after switch back to windows 8, if I click on update windows Icon in system try the windoes show me a message that Microsoft is workin with partner to verify windows 10 for my machine, seems that Microsoft notice that windows 10 does not work in HP Omen and they want to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's upsetting as I did not have any issues. For an upgrade, it went surprisingly smoothly! (I say surprisingly as I have not don't an OS 'upgrade' since Windows XP.)

How did you do your upgrade?

What does device manager show for hardware? Anything with errors?

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
MehranDev
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi iMax,

Thanks for reply. I figured out how to fix the problem. Basically I was using Cisco VPN Client on windows 8. I removed it before upgrade and It worked for me. Now I am using windows 10 without any problems.Cisco VPN Client doesn't work properly on windows 10, but I found a way to fix that. If you want to know. Let me to explain it here for you.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation