cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cody101
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

What is the SSD exactly in my HP OMEN 15-ax201nh?

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-ax201nh
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know exactly the brand, and the name, of my 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD in my OMEN. 15-ax201nh. I can't open it up, because it's not at me right now.

Thanks!

Spoiler

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,209 30,909 2,832 10,375
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cody101

There are several free software packages that provide this kind of information.

Option:  Download, install, and run the Belarc free software

Program provides lots of information about your computer, including the brand, type, capacity, slot #, and serial number of your Drives.

Belarc Advisor

Output is in html - results open in your default browser.

Good Idea:  Save a copy of the output to create a "baseline" document for later reference.

Option:  Use wmic command to display disk drive information

Windows key + X + A  (admin cmd prompt)

type command:

wmic diskdrive list brief

type command and save to file:

wmic diskdrive list brief > C:\Users\AccountName\Documents\Drive_Info.txt

OR

wmic diskdrive list brief > C:\Users\AccountName\Documents\Drive_%Computername%.txt

Replace "AccountName" with the name of your user account folder

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,645 12,425 1,303 4,238
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would also add to the info above...

HP does not say or guarantee what brand or model parts are used in their products, so we have no list to look up that specific info.

HWiNFO has a portable version of software for hardware information (no installation needed)

HWiNFO will also report the NVMe revision of the SSD.

HWiNFO - Hardware Information, Analysis and Monitoring Tools

And on a side note...

If you are running the new Windows Creator Upgrade, the Win+X menu does not include access to the Control Panel or the Command Prompt anymore.

Type CMD into the search bar instead, right click on Command Prompt in the list and choose  "Run as Admin".

Or...

TIP: if you want the previous items added to the WinX Menu again, you will need to use a tool called WinX Editor.exe

Its a portable tool also.

Go to this site and look for the link called Download Win+X Menu Editor for Windows 8 allows you to add or remove Win+X menu items (third one down). Its the actual download link for the tool.

How to use it here... http://www.digitalcitizen.life

Just my 2 cents.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation