cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
aucman
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Where to buy HP Omen bottom rubber

HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I removed bottom rubber on my HP Omen becuase I wanted to change SSD from 256Gb to 512Gb. I destroyed one pice of this rubber.

Where can I buy a new rubbers. I didnt find it anywhere on the net. The laptop is great, but bottom design with this rubber is very poor. It would be better to just put four rubber legs and grant access to all the screws.

People can change disks in this age and time you know?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,728 44,505 7,176 12,721
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to my world. Also have an Omen and would like to upgrade the SSD. I knew in advance I would need the rubber and have discovered it is not for sale anywhere. So I am not upgrading. If I find the rubber I will try to order 2. 

0 Kudos
aucman
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would also probably buy 2 or 3. Come on HP this is great business. You could start something big in rubber business!

0 Kudos
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

They cannot be purchased and I have pushed to make them available. (Thanks for reminding me.)

I have upgraded my SSD in my Omen and still using the original feet.
I did aquire a new set, but I wanted to see if it is easy to reuse the old ones.

The trick is to be very careful when removing them. They have a tendency to bend and that bend doesn't go away easily.

Anyhoo, I got them off, swapped the SSD and put it all back together.

When it came time for the feet, I removed all the old adhesive so the feet were clean. I got some Scotch Double Sided tape (The really thin stuff) and put a full strip on to cover the underside of the foot.

Now at this point, you can use a sharp knife (Be careful!) and cut off the excess or do what I did: Place the feet back onto the Omen. Push them right into place firmly. Take an Xacto knife (For all that is good in teh world, be careful!) and cut the excess off while they are in place.

Once done, I close my unit up and placed a couple of heavy text book I have at my desk to keep the pressure on to help them fit better.

It's been months now and I've had no problems with them.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
aucman
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Well i cut thise rubber into tiny little pieces and put double sided tape in them and put them back ob so that all the screews are visible. In that way the next time i will want to open it i will not need to stripe the rubbers again. But in case i will sell the laptop it would be better to buy a new one. I hope hp makes them available.
0 Kudos
heyyoad
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bumping this...

same crap with the hp-al series (new pavilion)

0 Kudos
Sizzlingsum_13
Retired
Retired
1,409 1,409 74 136
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello@heyyoad

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation