cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mpleic
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows anti-virus

HP Recommended
hp omen 2016
I am looking to buy a customized HP Omen laptop and in the ugrade section they are offering McAffee Antivirus protection, however i do not want that. Is there an original Windows antivirus already installed in the laptop? If not, can you suggest another antivirus software?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
r2w
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I recently purchased a new HP laptop(Oct. ) with win7. This is an upgrade for me from win xp. My concern is anti-virus protection. Are  the security  block that comes with win7, which I suppose includes anti-virus protection, enough to protect my system? If not, what additional security recomendations are there?

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@r2w

Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well 🙂

As I understand you want to know if the built-in antivirus software is enough to protect your computer or if you need more,

First things First, Congratulations on your new computer and to answer your question,

The computer comes with the built-in Antivirus, however, it's usually a trial version, you might want to check your product specifications: Click here for the details (use your product number)

If it is a trial version, you could also extend it to a full version by contacting the manufacturer of that specific antivirus program.

Also remember not to install more than one antivirus program as it creates a conflict,
if you wish to install another program, ensure you remove the existing application first. 

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below. 
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
WyreNut
Level 15
16,215 14,975 1,036 2,075
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows Defender has been included on PC's since the advent of Windows 8...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/pc-security/windows-defender.aspx

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation