Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Xbox One Elite Controller
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a HP Omen laptop from HP specifically only because of the Xbox One Controller promotion and I recieved my controller today.

However, when I took it out of the packet, it was obvious from the stickers that the controller has been opened up before and then re-packed. There were also fingerprints all over the controller.

This doesn't end there. I tried to use the controller but the wireless bluetooth functions on it do not work at all. It doesn't work with my Windows 10 Omen laptop, my phone or even my Xbox One.

I can not make a claim with Microsoft regarding it since you can not make a claim based only on a controller and I am very annoyed that the £800 laptop I bought from HP, just for the free Xbox One controller is 2nd hand and also defective.

Here are the photos of the condition the box and sealing stickers came to me in.

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Puppercino92

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand the XBOX controller (free with the HP Omen product) looks like it's been tampered with before it was delivered to you and you need information about the same,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Did you Contact HP phone support regarding the same?

Which country are you from?

(Please ensure you "do not" share any personal or confidential information such as serial/phone number, shipping address, email ID, etc... on a public post)

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello. The link you provided did not work but according to the box, the and it's HM3-00003. I am based in the UK and I have emailed HP and contacted them via their social media accounts but no answer yet. 

HP Recommended

@Puppercino92

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums, 

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.