cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kev4
0 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

cpu upgrade

HP Recommended
pavilion g7 1219wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to upgrade the cpu on my pavilion g7 1219wm but I dont know to what cpu i can upgrade to? Help pleasee

1 REPLY 1
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
45,581 44,630 7,331 13,078
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry you have the AMD Fusion E-450 processor which is soldered to the motherboard. It was a very low-price Walmart special computer and the motherboard must have been specially ordered by HP that way. The only way to upgrade is to replace the motherboard with one from a sister model that can take a socketed processor and you would need to buy the motherboard, processor and heatsink. Cheaper to buy a new laptop. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation