cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DoaaAglan
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

fan

HP Recommended
hp omen 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

i hope there is someone who can help me!

my hp omen is still new and all of a sudden my right fan is not working 

but when i tried the hp control settings i found a button that says fans on max so i clicked on it and both of them worked on maximum.

When it is off again the right one doesn,t work and i can't find a button to get it back to work.

If u can please tell me how to solve this problem because it gets heated up from the right side alot !

i am kind of frustrated because it is still new i hope it is not faulty in anyway.

Thank you in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Vheissu
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey DoaaAglan,

I had this exact same fear when I got my Omen in January. First off there is nothing wrong with you laptop the fans are fine. The right side fan is the GPU fan and so when you are not using the GPU the system turns the whole video card off including the fan. So the only time that fan will run is if you manually adjust the fan settings in the Omen Control app or start an application that uses the GPU. Also the new Nvidia cards actually won't turn the fans on until the graphics card needs to be cooled, so even if you are using an app that activates the graphics card the fan still may not start running untill you've been using the app long enough to heat up the card. It would be nice if the system was set up to have the GPU fan run the same as the CPU fan when the GPU isn't in use, I have also noticed the system getting really warm when I use it in my lap. At least if you are having cooling problems you can force the fans to run through the app.

I hope this helped.

P.S. Be careful if you're thinking about upgrading to WIndows 10, right now the Omen Control app doesn't work at all.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation