cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bsrivera511
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

grafics card

HP Recommended
pavilion 500-223w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Im looking to upgrade my pavilion 500-223w with a gtx 1060 its that possible? If i change also the pc power supply to a 450 watts or 600w it will have some issius with that or what kind of grafic card can i put i my pc
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,758 6,742 636 1,521
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

You can run a GTX 1060. You will have to upgrade the power supply to a 400 Watt or more unit.

The GTX 1060 comes in about a 4.5 inch length or about a 10.5 inch length and is dual slot. You have to check the graphics card will fit in the PC. Same with a new power supply. You could not install an 800 watt PS as it would not fit but a 500 or 550 model should fit in there. Measure, measure, measure!  The new power supply must have 6 or 8 pin PCIe connectors to provide power to the new card. 

Your CPU will be a bottleneck on some games.

The Grzw

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation