cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
louietsang
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

how easy to swap to a bigger sized ssd

HP Recommended
omen 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

recently bought a 15t omen, and it came preinstalled w/ 128gb ssd as the boot drive.

if i wanted to upgrade to a 256 or even a 512gb ssd, how hard is the cloning of data(moving the copies of windows etc)? as hp doesnt send me any software... and how would i trasnfer data to the new ssd.

also do i have to get a specific kind, such as a m.2 only ssd or will a nvme m.2 work?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@louietsang,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

To answer your question, the boot drive contains the recovery partition of the PC.

It’s like the factory image. which you can buy from HP or you can create your own copy of it.

You can upgrade the Boot drive SSD to any size but HP has not done testing on any cloning or imaging software to which I will not be able to confirm on the success rate. It will be your sole discretion to do so.

Hope the solution above fixes the issue. Feel free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
louietsang
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

He;;p. Is there a link where I can download the Windows 10 image so that I can install it on my own to a USB drive to install Windows on a new hard drive?

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,076
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@louietsang, thanks for the reply.

As you mentioned that you need to windows 10 image for your PC.

I am afraid you don't have the option to download the windows 10 image from HP.

You have to download the image directly from Microsoft website.

However, there might be some charges applicable for the image.

You can refer this link from Microsoft for upgrading to windows 10.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation