cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hykbooks
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

hp omen audio volume so low after windows 10 upgrade

HP Recommended
hp omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i upgraded to windows 10 and i find that the audio volume level is really low compared to how it was on window 8.1

i checked that realtek high definition audio driver is properly installed

the volume now even when i max it out is really low 

its so hard to watch even youtube

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not seeing this one so far on mine.

Check the volume mixer (Right click on tray speaker and select "Volume Mixer".) to ensure the main volume is where you want it and that the volume level for your browser is also at a desired level. (I'm using YouTube in Chrome. MS Edge's volume is the same as the main system volume.)

Next check the volume level on the YouTube video iteslf.

Hope this helps and I wish I had something more for ya.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
Miranda7
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm experience the same problem. I upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and the volume is so low that sometimes I just can't hear.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation